An amazing tour to the best part of Milos, where it’s calm even if it’s windy!
Milos' Pollonia Bay to South Milos Boat Rentals - Private Cruises/Tours
We set sail from Pollonia and after a 5.5 nautical mile journey that takes less than 15 minutes, we reach the renowned sulfur mines. We drop anchor and can swim to the beach where we can visit an old mine that was in operation until the mid-1950s. It is a breathtaking location that resembles a scene from a Sergio Leone western movie. The sea water is yellow due to the sulfur, and it’s said to have therapeutic properties. We can visit the old factory where the old machinery is still present. We spend about 20 minutes there.
Next, we head southwest towards Gerakas beach, which is only accessible by boat and considered one of the top 5 beaches in the Cycladic islands. The water is stunning, and the atmosphere is incredible. We anchor and can swim for as long as desired, or lounge on the soft pebbly sand on the beach. We typically stay there for about an hour, or longer if desired.
Afterwards, we proceed southwest towards Tsigrado beach, which is the only beach in Milos that people climb a large wooden ladder to visit. It’s a special place. We swim in a secluded spot near the beach, away from the crowds, in a location that can accommodate only one boat. The water is turquoise. We drop anchor and stay there for about half an hour.
We continue southwest towards Gerontas beach, but before reaching it, we pass a large cave which we enter with the boat. Gerontas beach has dark brown, fine sand and several small, private-like beaches on the left side of the beach and behind a large rock, where you can jump into the sea. We drop anchor and can stay there for another half an hour swimming.
We then head towards the famous Kleftiko, one of the most photographed landscapes in Greece and worldwide. We can enjoy the group of gray-white rocks with unique shapes and formations, as well as incredible caves and cavities. We drop anchor in various locations and swim and explore the caves, entering from one location and exiting in another. We stay at Kleftiko for about an hour and 15 minutes, taking in all its beauty. We use masks and snorkels to explore the caves.
Finally, we turn back the same way we came till we reach the port of Pollonia bay, ending a truly unforgettable day filled with long-lasting memories.
- RIB Boat
- Fuel cost
- Skipper fees
- 24% VAT tax
- Water, Refreshments and Beers
- Snorkeling equipment
- Bluetooth audio system so you can enjoy your own music
- WiFi (depending on the boat)
- Skipper gratuities/tips (not mandatory)
- Sun protection is a must. Kindly use environmentally friendly sunscreen for the sea environment.
- Sunglasses are recommended as the sun is strong.
- Swimsuits are also a must, the more the better.
- Don’t forget to bring towels.
- It’s recommended to bring either a phone or a camera, the latter being the preferred option.
- Babies must be held on the lap of an adult.
- The activity is not appropriate for pregnant women, individuals with fear of speed or water, or children under one year of age.
- It is mandatory to remove shoes before getting on the boat.
- Adequate shade will be available during stops, but sun exposure is still possible, so it is advisable to bring and use sun protection.
- A towel should always be used when lounging on the deck or cushions of the boat.
Our cancellation policy for bookings made through our website is outlined below. However, in exceptional circumstances beyond the control of our guests, we may be able to offer more flexibility.
- Free cancellations can be made up to 30 days before the cruise date.
- If cancelling less than 30 days before the cruise, 50% of the total amount paid will be charged.
- Cancellations made less than 48 hours before the cruise date will result in a 100% charge.
- Changes can be made up to 7 days before the cruise date without incurring an additional fee. If there is a price difference between the original and new services, the customer will be refunded the difference, subject to availability.
- The company reserves the right to modify the cruise route or cancel it if necessary for safety reasons, such as inclement weather. In the event of cancellation by the company, a full refund will be issued.
- The itinerary may be altered due to strong winds, and if the weather is not suitable for a specific cruise (such as the Round of Milos), a 15% discount will be offered. Passengers will be informed the day before the trip.
- The company also retains the right to cancel the tour due to extreme weather conditions, equipment malfunction, or any other reason deemed necessary for passenger safety.